MG Zaku 2.0 WIP Pt 2

Since yesterday's post I've painted like a man possessed. As of about 2 hours ago the only unpainted color group of the Zaku is the grey interior frame!

I did a lot of little neat things with the paint on this kit, some things I'm going to keep to myself until the kit is finished!



The light blue is pretty close to dusty 'robins egg blue' but the color didn't translate well in the picture. 



I post shaded the battle damage, I wanted the damage and surrounding armor to look scorched, 'painful' and 'bruised'. Again the cell phone pictures didn't do a great job with the color. After some dry brushing and weathering these pot marks should look pretty good.



The chest and skirt are a darker and more vibrant blue to contrast with the extremities.


The pistons are star bright duraluminium, and the 'collars' are star bright brass.



The launch tube of the bazooka is star bright dark iron. 

If you haven't already guessed I'm doing a bit of a themed build for one of my favorite 0079 characters; the man, the legend, the mustache...


Not my statue by the way. Just a stock image I found. 

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. If I ever do a Turn-A it's definitely going to receive the the Ramba Ral treatment.

      Delete

Post a Comment