MG Zaku 2.0 WIP pt 3

This isn't going to be a huge update, I mostly repainted and primed parts tonight but I wanted to share some of the more interesting elements of the paint job so far:



Big Z's Shin Matsunaga Zaku 2 left a huge impression on me, my favorite part was how he painted the blade of the heat hawk. I tried to replicate the effect. I like how my blade looks, but I prefer Z's. 




For both ranged weapons I contrasted metallic with standard colors. I like mixing colors up this way, it makes the weapon look like it's made from different composites. 




Another close up of the pre-weathering damage. 



And on the darker blue.



I have a tough time with colors (I'm color blind) however I'm fortunate to have a GF that's willing to help me with my color blends. She suggested adding some small splashes of yellow to contrast with the blue.

Here's a ammo canister for the bazooka, two of these canisters will hang off of the rear & side skirts.



In addition to the yellow paint I'll be using many of the yellow and white decals from the Gouf 2.0 decal set to contrast with the blue.


Comments